Subsoil use operations are heavily regulated in Kazakhstan. The practice becomes complicated for petroleum and mining companies due to constantly changing regulations. Synergy Partners offers legal support in taxation, employment and procurements, as well as in construction and development. We also provide full support on M&A deals in farm-in and farm-out transactions.
Our Recent Experience
- A legal due diligence of a three separate oil& gas enterprises in Kazakhstan for one Chinese investor.
- A legal due diligence of a mining enterprise in Kazakhstan with the aim to acquire a 100% stake.
- A legal due diligence of a mining enterprise in Kazakhstan. Advice on a reverse merger between a Kazakhstan mining company and an ASX listed mining company. Preparation and filing of an antimonopoly application for an acquisition in Kazakhstan. Advice on state pre-emptive buyout rights in a reverse merger.
- Advice on sale and purchase agreement to acquire 20% stake of mining enterprise in Kazakhstan. Preparation and filing of an antimonopoly application for the acquisition in Kazakhstan.
- Advice on the takeover of an AIM listed company with Kazakhstan mining assets. Advice on master agreement, subscription agreement, and relationship agreement. Prepared and obtained antimonopoly approval for the acquisition. Prepared and obtained for a waiver on state pre-emptive buyout rights.
- Full legal support to a seller to sell a 50% stake in oil company - tax planning, establishment of a joint venture with a mixed control, filed and obtained an antitrust approval and obtained a waiver on state pre-emptive rights to acquire a 50% stake.
- Full legal support to a buyer in the acquisition of 50% stake in an oil company - a legal due diligence, tax planning for the purchase of 50% stake, establishment of a joint venture with a mixed control, advice on co-finance scheme with the encumbrance, 50% stake pledging for the buyer, filing for antitrust approvals to acquire a 50% stake.
- VAT refund collection for US $1.9 mln in favor of an uranium company in court.
- VAT return collection for US $4.6 mln in favor of an oil company in court.
- VAT refund collection in favor of oil companies in court proceedings under the PSA .
- Advice on capital gain tax resulting from the acquisition of an oil and gas company in Kazakhstan between a non-resident buyer and a non-resident seller. Obtained tax ruling from the Kazakhstan Ministry of Finance for non-residents.
- A legal due diligence of a subsoil use contract for a hydrocarbon block and the execution of the working program, compliance with environmental legislation of an oil company.
- Advice on proprietary dispute rights on hydrocarbon deposit located on two contract areas.
19 March 2015Refusal of VAT refund to exporters
1 September 2013Auditor's error prevention at the tax inspection stage
1 September 2012Flaws and defects in tax residence certificate
15 May 2012Tax audit for minimizing fiscal risks
10 January 2012The five-year term of limitation extended for one more year in view of additional reporting