Synergy Partners provides full and comprehensive legal assistance to enterprises for their business transformation and reshaping in light of the changing economic environment. We advise on corporate restructuring, tax optimization, employment issues. We also provide legal support for day-to-day operations: supply and procurement, import and export of goods, corporate finance, litigation, taxation, licensing, compliance with antitrust and environmental laws.
Our Recent Experience
- Advice to largest chicken meat producer on tax payments for industrial waste disposal. Conducted negotiations to resolve tax dispute on tax fees amounts for the industrial waste disposal.
- Advice to a seller on the sale of a 51% stake in a Kazakh pharmaceutical retail company, reviewed the sale and purchase agreements, prepared and filed antimonopoly application for the economic concentration.
- Advice to a seller on sale of 51% stake in Kazakh pharm-equipment distribution company, reviewed the sale and purchase agreements, prepared and filed an antimonopoly application for the economic concentration.
- Advice to the seller on the sale of a large distribution network of lubricants in Central Asia and the Caucasus (seven jurisdictions), advice to the seller on the sale and distribution agreement, and the business purchase agreement;
- Advice on customs clearance in connection with a Customs Union between Kazakhstan, Russia and Belarus;
- Advice on new regulations for levying indirect taxes in connection with a Customs Union between Kazakhstan, Russia and Belarus;
- Advice to a Russian construction company on tax liabilities arising from real estate construction projects in Astana;
- Tax advice to a Turkish company on an oil pipeline construction;
- Recommendations on the content of the main contract for the delivery of goods to a major retail chain;
- Review and amendment of the contract for a carriage of goods to Kazakhstan for a major retail chain;
- Review and amendment of insurance contracts;
- Review and amendment of insurance contracts for a carrier's liability;
- Advice on a franchise agreement for a luxury clothing store;
- Advice to a large retailer on compliance with consumer protection laws;
- Advice to a large retailer on billboards, shop windows and advertisement modules;
- Advice to a large retailer on measures against malicious store sellers.
19 March 2015Refusal of VAT refund to exporters
1 September 2013Auditor's error prevention at the tax inspection stage
13 July 2013The customs value and license payments
1 September 2012Flaws and defects in tax residence certificate
15 May 2012Tax audit for minimizing fiscal risks